Course Description – This is a course in the Master's Degree Program. The course is a 3-credit course designed to introduce students to the Missional Church.
Course Outcomes –Students will be able to
● Articulate and understand key biblical and theological perspectives on Missiology..
● Develop an ability to think critically and discerningly about the issues associated with local church missions.
● Develop sensitivities that will enable them to plan and lead mission projects that draw the community into the presence of God and to deal with conflict that might arise.
● Develop skills in mission planning that worship are relevant, creative, and contextual.
● Develop an understanding of how the missional church differs in small churches and comprehend the skills needed to develop mission programs for the smaller church context.
● Develop an appreciation for collaborative styles of mission planning that values the gifts of others, learns how to work together creatively, finds the joy of partnerships in offering our gifts to God.
● Grow in understanding of how personal spirituality impacts our ability to lead others in mission and spiritual growth.